Its Christmas Day! Merry Christmas to one and all!
Did Santa bring you something nice?
If you’re here recovering from a food coma, come and snack on some bite-sized bits from my beauty blogging friends this December. Its the last one of the year oy! I hope you’ve enjoyed the monthly round ups we’ve been doing and that you have found some new blogs to stalk
- Nikki was nominated for a Phillippine blog award! I’m so happy for her for coming this far – AskMeWhats
- Beetrice shows us a tampon stun gun! Just don’t mix it up with your regular tampons – Beetrice’s Reviews
- Be very jealous for Xin just got herself the Urban Decay NYC Book of Shadows 3! – Pretty Beautiful
- Jenn is such a cutie even when she’s rocking the quick smokey look. It looks so easy and so good – Lipglosseater
- Connie shows us why the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation rocks her boat – SkinDeco
- Syen asks how much blogs influence you. My answer is “A LOT!” - Soloverly
- Yani wrestles with hair fall problems and finds help in the Pantene Hair Fall Control range – RedLusciousLips
- Tine tells us her makeup regrets. I happen to agree with many of her choices which means we do have really similar tastes! – Beautyholics Anonymous
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been having a very hectic time at work so this weekend, I’m taking the opportunity to chill out at home with my new Dirt Candle acquisition. I love scented candles and Dirt Candles are the best!
Dirt Candles, despite the rather unfortunate name, are one of the best candles I’ve ever used (and I’ve used a lot because I was a scented candle junkie!). My favourite is Take it Easy which is a gorgeous, relaxing vanilla blend that fills the house with a warm cosy feeling that is absolutely wonderful!
Now I’m not the “Greenest” person you know and I’m not a fan of these candles because they are organic soy and are earth friendly. I’m a huge fan because the scents last long even after the candle is snuffed out, the candle burns a very very long time and the scents aren’t artificial at all
I picked up A Fresh Start because the smell of lemongrass makes me think of a spa and A Fresh Start is what I’d like to have in the coming year. Not quite sure yet how I’m planning that fresh start but having a candle remind you is a pretty good idea This one smells a little citrusy with a bit of a zing! that I really like.
Oh and you can actually use the softened wax as a body moisturiser – I’ve tried it and it works leaving a lovely scent on your skin without being waxy or sticky – just be careful not to burn yourself
Do you like scented candles? I do, but I’m not quite into food scents, like cakes and cookies… you know the sort. They make me hungry LOL!
Oh and another nice thing about Dirt Candles is because the scent is so strong, you can leave it open in a closed room and still have the scent permeate without burning it. Works better for richer more robust scents like vanilla and less so for light fresh scents like citrus or lemongrass
Enough rambling from me. Let me go and enjoy my candle and you go enjoy your Christmas day.
Merry Christmas again everyone!
Dirt Candles are available on www.dirtcandles.com or in Malaysia get them as I do, from Tiny Tapir stores or online for RM100 each or they sell the tealight version for an affordable RM8 each