Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured

in Eyeshadow,Lip Gloss,Palettes,Product Reviews

There! I’ve done it! I’ve defiled and deflowered the Dior Minaudière palette to bring swatches because you asked me to!

dior minaudiere Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured

Well, not quite because you asked me to. I had to find out how those colours looked, because they do look pretty and wearable icon biggrin Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured Besides, what’s a makeup palette if not to be used eh? Do head back to the previous post which shows you the palette in all its photographic glory.

Have we gotten over the beautiful packaging yet? Let me show it to you again.

dior minaudiere size Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured

I’m holding it in this picture so you get the idea of size. I do have quite small hands, I should point out icon razz Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured But its a nice “clutchable” size if you are so inclined to clutch it. Its quite weighty. I don’t have scales, but its metal so its rather heavy. You won’t really want to carry this one around in your bag everyday… unless you want to whip it out in public for touch ups icon wink Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured

As we have noted in the earlier post, the lip colours are covered with a metal cover which is genius. Other brands should take a leaf out of Dior’s book for their palettes.

And now for the swatches! icon biggrin Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured

This is the palette in 002 Pink Golds. There is another colour scheme of browns. Personally I prefer Pink Golds icon biggrin Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured Eyeshadows are typical Dior quality – soft, smooth and blendable. The colours aren’t very dark but there is a soft lovely shimmer that isn’t over the top. From left to right, my colour descriptions are as below swatched based on the palette layout:-

dior minaudiere5 Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured

dior pinkgold Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured

Left to right:-

• Dark purple – very deep aubergine with light shimmer
  • Grey – medium toned grey with light shimmer, soft texture
  • Light Pink – Very light pink with light shimmer
  • Pink Lipgloss – very sheer pink with shimmer
  • Light pink lipgloss – transparent with shimmer

The lip colours are a gloss and thus swatch barely there. Goes with the deeper eye colors though. They are typical Dior lipgloss textures –  not runny or “oily” and not drying. I expect the lip colours to finish quickly, so I might experiment with melting in my own colours in the event that happens. Will keep you updated if I do.

I’d say this palette is very demure. It looks demure. The colours are soft and ladylike and its just demure icon smile Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured I love it icon biggrin Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured Here’s a quick look I did using all the colours in this palette just to show you how it might look.

dior pinkgold2 Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured

All colours are used without a base. You can see the eyeshadows are pretty pigmented but “radiant” so its easy to tone it down or amp it up as you will. The lip gloss is very sheer. I am only using the pink one and its just a light pink tint on the lips with shimmer.

If you plan to purchase this palette, make sure you use it. Makeup is only beautiful when used icon smile Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured

Pros: Lipsticks have a cover to prevent cross contamination with powder, Lovely soft colours in eye and lips, Gorgeous packaging

Cons: Limited Edition, Lipglosses are a little too sheer

I think Dior’s offering for Holiday 2010 is pure genius. The visual impact of the Minaudière (little clutch purse in French) is stunning and the palette is very wearable. If you find this in your stocking at Christmas, you are one very lucky girl! But if you aren’t sure if you will, its time to drop those hints, or just come right out and say you want it… because you know you do icon wink Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured

Does this catch your eye… and grab your attention? icon wink Dior Minaudiere Clutch in Pink Golds Defiled Deflowered and Devoured Better hurry then, coz its very limited edition!

The Dior Minaudiere eyeshadow and lipgloss palette is limited edition for Holiday 2010 and should retail at RM226 (about) or US$80 in the USA at Dior counters.

Hanny
December 6, 2010 at 9:02 am

WOOTS!!! Looks prettiful!! (If that’s even a word!)
Hanny recently blogged…Bish-spired FOTD- Solomon Goldsmith Part II New technique- Layering!My Profile

ParisB December 6, 2010 at 1:34 pm

We’ll make that a word ;)

Mrs Top Monkey December 6, 2010 at 9:28 am

Ooh when I first saw this, I thought it was the prettiest thing ever! Sooooo gorgeous, I thought of buying it just to keep and sigh over. But then I’ll have to explain the credit card bill (again!) to the Hubby so…

I think prettiful *should* be a word.
Mrs Top Monkey recently blogged…Mummys Bright Idea- Gallon Zipper BagsMy Profile

ParisB December 6, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Its really pretty right? Didn’t you just get refunded a little bit o’ money recently? ;)

Syva December 6, 2010 at 9:29 am

super nice, the look. very Dior!
well i’ not tempted. cause i know i wont be able to do anythnig with the colours. sigh.

ParisB December 6, 2010 at 1:36 pm

But these are the easy colours! Still, you might wait for Spring 2011. The colours there look easier to use :)

rinnah
December 6, 2010 at 10:26 am

You look sho sweet, PB! I heart this look on you. So very demure and lad
rinnah recently blogged…Latte taste-off – Starbucks vs Austin ChaseMy Profile

rinnah
December 6, 2010 at 10:28 am

Argh, accidentally submitted comment before finished typing it out…

“You look sho sweet, PB! I heart this look on you. So very demure and ladylike!”
rinnah recently blogged…Latte taste-off – Starbucks vs Austin ChaseMy Profile

ParisB December 6, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Hehe… I’ll take that as a compliment ;) Thanks!

LINA December 6, 2010 at 10:43 am

I went to dior midvalley few week back, apparently they dont have it anymore
so i bought the new pallete for the christmas version instead.. the cover only regular red pouch but have more colors + mascara and lip gloss..love it anyway!

ParisB December 6, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Oh the travel set? That’s a pretty good deal and you get everything in one :) Glad you’re loving it :D

Jessica December 6, 2010 at 10:59 am

Ooooooo, so gorgeous!

ParisB December 6, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Palette’s pretty right? Too bad it flew off the shelves so fast!

Aretha December 6, 2010 at 11:44 am

Lovely! This is probably the first time i see you do a FOTD with smoky eyes and muted lips. I actually think you look better with a soft nude lip compared to your usual reds. :p

ParisB December 6, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Thanks Aretha :) I do wear neutral/nude lips off and on in real life. I guess its to do with the look I’m trying to achieve for the day. Red lips do tend to be more “fierce” and “out there” while nude lips tend to be more “demure” :)

Shyra December 6, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Hi Paris. I have this too! I actually booked one before it reached the counter and I guess I did the right thing as this “clutch” is out of stock at all counters! It’s priced at RM220 should anyone able to get one ;) Can’t resist it, it’s really pretty isn’t it? :) I’ve used it a few times too, as you mentioned above, makeup is only beautiful when used! ;)

ParisB December 6, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Woohoo! Yay for getting this palette and yay for using it! Makeup IS only beautiful when used :D

Nikki December 6, 2010 at 12:21 pm

I can imagine myself on a Wedding Reception for a client, carrying this as I blend in with the nice looking crowd and whip this out for a nice retouch!!! :) Your FOTD is amazing and love that red dress on you! I seldom see you in red clothing ! :) Well, I probably haven’t seen you enough :P

ParisB December 6, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Teehee… I think I might do that the next time I have a swanky dinner to attend. I’ll stand there with my Dior Minaudiere … except I’d have no where to put the rest of my stuff! Perhaps that’s what the male eye candy will be for eh? To carry my stuff while I stand there looking pretty hehe… ;) Thanks Nikki it was just a red top – guess I don’t wear colour enough in my fotd ;)

germaine December 6, 2010 at 3:09 pm

you look bit pale with this colour combination, looks vampy in a way..lol….
germaine recently blogged…Dior sales!My Profile

ParisB December 6, 2010 at 3:37 pm

teehee… must be the pale lips ;) Its part of the reason I don’t wear pale lipstick often. It makes me look washed out. But then, it would appear I fit in with the current vamp theme? ;) Just missing the sparkly powder LOL

gio December 6, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I didn’t think much of the colors when I saw the swatches, but they look beautiful on you! That’s a very demure look indeed! :) And the packaging is beautiful too.
gio recently blogged…New Collection- The Body Shop The Joy Of Sparkle Holiday 2010My Profile

ParisB December 7, 2010 at 11:35 am

Thank you Gio. I must confess that the palette on its own doesn’t look like much – it looks so much better once used :)

Mari Ohira December 6, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Oh this palette is just gorgeous! I think it’s become every woman’s dream since it was launched! And the colours are just amazing and as you put it, very ladylike and elegant. Very Dior.^^
Mari Ohira recently blogged…Limpeza de pele no Anna Pegova- os fatos!My Profile

ParisB December 7, 2010 at 11:37 am

It certainly is very Dior! Has it launched in Brazil yet? :)

Amex December 6, 2010 at 7:12 pm

That’s a lovely look. Looks different on compared to the swatch, but pretty all the same :) Hmm.. is it possible to use the casing it comes in for something else? It’d be a waste to let it lie there once the shadow + gloss is finished.

ParisB December 7, 2010 at 11:41 am

I did try to see if it might be reusable but I don’t think so. It’ll take a while for the eyeshadow to finish up. If the gloss is finished up, which will be quite quickly, you can probably melt some of your own lipstick and pour into the palette. Other than that, I cannot see how this palette might be reused. Pity really. I’d love to carry it around as a clutch. Maybe I’ll see if the inserts can be dug out LOL

rosejaejoong December 6, 2010 at 7:36 pm

omg..i seriously love the color…
rosejaejoong recently blogged…Expensive vs CheapMy Profile

ParisB December 7, 2010 at 11:40 am

Lovely isn’t it? :)

Adele December 6, 2010 at 10:04 pm

The “clutch” packaging looks fabulous! Would have been the perfect combination of accessories + makeup if the clutch was reusable as a bag or refillable once the eyeshadows and lip glosses hit pan. The e/s and gloss colours look good on you too! They seem like easy to work with colours for the festive season. :)

ParisB December 7, 2010 at 11:46 am

I know what you mean about the clutch. Its something to keep not discard once the contents are finished :( I do see how the glosses may be replaced but I’m not sure about the eyeshadow. That said, I cannot quite see me finishing up the eyeshadow for a long long time. So there’s still life for this palette yet! ;)

Pink Cotton December 6, 2010 at 10:46 pm

wow…im surprised the grey swatches out to be much darker than how it looks like in the pan…awesome colors! :D
Pink Cotton recently blogged…Product Price ListMy Profile

ParisB December 7, 2010 at 11:46 am

Yup! I was surprised too! Its got the softest texture of the 3 shadows.

Tine
December 7, 2010 at 6:00 am

So pretty. Sigghhhh.

I want!!

ParisB December 7, 2010 at 11:54 am

Is it out in Oz and if so is it sold out? Its apparently disappeared from here already!

Isabel December 7, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Gorgeous packaging but unfortunately the lip colours are so not me. I’d look like I’m ill if I wore those colours on their own.

On a totally unrelated note, you look fab in red!

ParisB December 8, 2010 at 10:49 am

Thank you Isabel! :) The lip colours too aren’t my thing. I’d wear them with something a bit redder ;)

Sam
December 8, 2010 at 7:28 pm

I’m still in love with this- I don’t think my counter has it yet though!
Sam recently blogged…The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz ZafonMy Profile

j3nny9irL December 8, 2010 at 11:20 pm

The colours are so great together! Doesn’t look purple at all. Kinda Spring/Autumn colour. Very subtle and chic and superbly wearable :) Nice on you PB :D

ParisB December 9, 2010 at 10:20 am

Thank you! :)

Deepa December 27, 2010 at 7:40 pm

OHHH its so beautiful!!! I got the grey golds one instead, and let me tell you this, the colour is phenomenal!!! There is a dark brown in it with gold shimmer. Then a grey matte colour with just a hint of fine microscopic shimmer to it.. Nothing much, in fact it looks quite matte really… And the last colour is a snowy white tinged with a beige base with a lot of shimmer to it. Overall the colours are to die for and they are long lasting!!! even on my oily lids.. i know, i should do something about them… any suggestions? :) But the thing I want to truly rave about is the lip glosses. It is divine.. There is a maroon and clear lip gloss in the grey golds compact, and the Maroon is really dark!!! super dark.. Its not sheer and you can actually build the intensity of the colour up… and the clear one has gold flecks in it, making it a perfect add on to any lipstick you may have. It would transform any plain lippie into one with a glamourous golden sheen… Overall I just love everything about this Holiday ‘gift’ that Dior has given to us!!! and Kudos to all of yall who loves it!!!