I’ve been wondering about this, and I think someone asked me about it once. Can we use 2 different serums on our skin at the same time?
Well, my honest answer is “I don’t know” but I do. Sometimes.
I have been using 2 different serums on my skin for a while now to address 2 different concerns and thus far, it works for me 😀
The first serum I usually use is a whitening serum or essence for my dark spots and to even out skin tone.
The second will usually be a moisturizing or anti aging serum.
Thus far *touch wood* nothing drastic has happened and it seems to work just fine for me. Of course, I don’t slap it all on at one go. I usually try it only after I’m very sure that neither serum breaks me out to start with. Then, I have a 2 week observation period when I use them together. If nothing happens i.e. breakouts, then I consider it a success.
The serums that play well for me thus far are:-
- Clinique Derma White Brightening Essence and Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate
- Clinique Derma White Brightening Essence and Dior Capture Totale One Essential
- Dior Capture Totale One Essential and Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate
- Diorsnow D-NA Reverse Night Serum and Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate
- Diorsnow D-NA Reverse Night Serum and Estee Lauder Hydrationist Serum
Based on something I read once somewhere (darn these failing brain cells) the one you put first on your skin will deliver the best benefit. So because I’m vain that way, I put the whitening essences first because I want to reap the most benefit out of that one. Then, I follow up with a hydrating or anti-aging serum because I haven’t quite seen the ravages of time hit very badly… yet 😉
So, that’s me. This is of course a non clinical point of view since I’m no dermatologist. It just works for me.
Have you done anything like this? Do you only use one serum at any one time or do you mix them up as I do?