New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul

in Cheap and Good?,New on shelves

Bavi-what??

If not for The Muse, I’d never have given Baviphat a second look when I walked past the counter a couple of days ago. I kept seeing her Tweets about Baviphat (not knowing what -or who – on earth it was!) so when I saw an actual counter at Parkson Pavilion KL, I just had to stop by and satisfy my curiosity.

baviphat3 New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul

Photos taken with permission- do not use without my permission

What really caught my eye was the absolutely freaking cute containers. Look at those fruity pots of lip tints and the paprika shaped bottles of skincare! So cute! Put a few on your dresser and you can pretend to be a grocer icon razz New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul Use up a few of them and if you have kids, they’d steal it off your dresser to play “masak-masak” icon razz New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul

So anyway, I learnt that Baviphat is a brand of inexpensive Korean cosmetics – skincare and makeup. Don’t be fooled by where the counter is located (next to Smashbox at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur) the prices are really affordable, ranging from RM10.90 to RM110 or so, the SA told me (and believe me, I asked her a LOT of questions as a proper sleuth should icon wink New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul )

When I heard the prices, I asked her “What on earth are you doing in Parkson! People will think you are expensive when you aren’t!” So if you are in Parkson Pavilion and you want to buy something there, no better place to start than Baviphat icon biggrin New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul

So anyway, I know nothing else about the brand except that they collaborated with Beyonce (so you see a HUGE picture of her) and there’s a line of cosmetics with Beyonce including sheet masks. Being Korean, there are BB creams galore too. I wasn’t crazy impressed with the eyeshadow (duos and trios) – super shimmery and sheer even for me. There was a highlighter that looked like the pressed Guerlain Meteorites but when swiped, it was discoball alert!

I asked the SA which was their bestseller and she told me that it was the liquid eyeliner pen (RM39.90 I think) but they were out of stock so I couldn’t pick it up. Anyway, I picked up a couple of things to try since the prices are so affordable. Hop along to see my Baviphat haul icon biggrin New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul

So here we are – 3 items I bought from Baviphat.

baviphat New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul

• Two Times BB Deep Cleansing Oil – RM39.90
  • Tomato Juicy Mask Sheet – RM10.90
  • Apple Lip Scrub – RM19.90

To my surprise, the SA proceeded to throw in loads of samples into my bag without me even asking!

baviphat2 New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul

I was very surprised because I just didn’t expect that level of generosity – I guess I’m just used to having to ask for it and then have the SA grudgingly hand over a little tiny sachet.

So, if you plan to stop by Baviphat and pick up stuff, look for Phoebe – she speaks well, seems familiar enough with the products, isn’t pushy and is lovely and friendly. I’d drop more money at counters if I got this level of service anywhere else – samples not withstanding icon razz New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul

I took a quick look at the Baviphat website and I realized that prices are quite highly marked up here so if you can imagine, they are crazy cheap if purchased in Korea. Still, I’m not complaining because its not that expensive anyway everything considered.

So, I’m going to be trialing the products I bought – any one in particular you’d like to see first? icon smile New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul

Oh and apparently, Baviphat is also endorsed by some Korean boyband FT Island – 5 pretty boys I’ve never heard of but there you go! icon razz New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul I’m always very intrigued by how Korean brands use male celebrities to endorse their products.

So, Baviphat – have you heard of it before this? icon biggrin New: Baviphat Korean Cosmetics and my Baviphat haul

Read about it on www.baviphat.com if you can read Korean. The Malaysian site isn’t up yet. Baviphat counters are at Parkson Pavilion KL and Parkson Sg. Wang Plaza at time of writing Sephora

xin June 18, 2010 at 9:31 am

i think i bought quite some baviphat stuff from korea coz all the packagings are so so cute! and the average price for the normal sheet masks is only RM3-RM5. it’s definitely more than 100% marked up here…but it’s better than none right? ;)

ParisB June 18, 2010 at 9:36 am

You said it! :D I’d think that the sheet masks are rather pricey all things considered, but the other products are not bad since its all relatively cheap compared to many other brands :D

Evelyn July 16, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Hey, just wondering, where are the Baviphat outlets in korea? I googled but can’t seem to find the locations :(

Nisimako August 26, 2010 at 11:12 am

When I was in Korea last summer, I saw a Baviphat boutique in Namdaemun in Seoul, the little strip of boutiques where there’s a Forever 21, and I think they were going to open a second Baviphat there too!

shannen June 18, 2010 at 9:39 am

what is that stick in your samples shoot? am interested in Two Times BB Deep Cleansing Oil. Mine is running low.. i need cheaper alternative, thou the 1 am using is very good.

ParisB June 18, 2010 at 9:41 am

Its a tube of mascara :)

Jenn June 18, 2010 at 9:49 am

Thanks for sharing!! I’ve never heard of this brand before prior to this *hides under coconut shell*

The packaging is SOOOO adorable!!! Do let us know how do you find their products – i’m particularly curious about the sheet mask!! :D

ParisB June 18, 2010 at 9:50 am

*joins you under coconut shell* I too had never heard of this prior to about 2 weeks ago :P Will get trialing soon!

yuki June 18, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Ah!!! FT Island!! yea, cute boys indeed… hahha… they visited Malaysia back in 2008.. Why in parkson pavillion?? Pavillion = expensive… haha… Looks like we have a counter we can visit and not cash out a lot… lol… Too bad it’s so far away… Wheee~~ Another shop to visit while I’m in Korea… The SA so nice… byk samples =)

ParisB June 18, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Perhaps the brand just likes the luxurious image Parkson Pavilion gives them? I don’t know really LOL But its nice that there’s a place to pick up affordable items in Parkson hehe…

Cas June 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm

It sounds like Baby Phat to me :)

ParisB June 18, 2010 at 2:30 pm

It does doesn’t it? I thought that too :D

milktea June 18, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Yup! If nice SA like that, I sure buy more from her. Honestly! *huffs* don’t they know this… guess not..

ParisB June 18, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Haha well now you know which brand/counter to hit up! ;)

Adele June 18, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Parkson Pavilion? O.O Perhaps they’re trying to create a brand image that seems more exclusive despite the prices.

I’m interested in the Apple Lip Scrub! :P I don’t usually spend more than RM10 at a time on lip care so RM19.90 seems a bit pricey, but the apple container reminds me of those similar apple-shaped ones used to display peanuts during CNY.

Oh, and I’m impressed that they give out mascara as samples! The sachets are adorable too. What do the 3 little round ones contain?

ParisB June 18, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I don’t think the mascara is “normal” hehe… but I thought it was very lovely of her to toss it in anyway. The 3 round samples are of a mask (i think) Will talk about them when I try it

Adele June 19, 2010 at 1:16 am

Lucky you ;) It’s nice to hear of lovely front line staff. Somehow, there aren’t as many positive stories about the SA(s) of Asian brands. Will look out for the post on the masks.

ParisB June 19, 2010 at 9:52 am

Yeah she surprised me and then some! Already broken out a couple of the items. Hope to get reviews up soon!

izyan June 18, 2010 at 3:30 pm

hi parisB,
the packaging does look cute all right. anyway i was wondering what is BB cream actually? i’ve heard and read so many people talking about it in blogs and they said that it’s good. seriously, what is BB cream?

ParisB June 18, 2010 at 3:36 pm

BB Creams are short form of “Blemish Balm” which is a Korean thing – in gist its a sunscreen, foundation and moisturizer in one. You can read what BB Creams are at the bottom of this post. Many people like it. I don’t. Its a personal thing.

izyan June 18, 2010 at 3:41 pm

oh, ic. thanks for the reply. i bet there are many brands out there, huh? if it’s a sunscreen+foundation+moisturizer, i guess it’s just like a moisturizer with UV protection, no? i shall read your post on BB then. :)

ParisB June 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Yep there are many many brands with BB Creams. To me, its a lot like tinted moisturizer or tinted sunscreen. Lancome has one too. Do run a search on my blog and you should find all my reviews on BB cream.

Vonvon June 18, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Can you pls review the Apple Lip Scrub? Am looking for a lip scrub which is inexpensive…. for RM19.90, really a good deal.

Think I should bring my little girl to check out the counter together. She’ll be fascinated by the fruit and veggie-shaped packaging in that photo above. ;)

ParisB June 19, 2010 at 9:52 am

Oh I’m sure she’ll love the packaging of the veggies!

YM June 19, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Its good to know that even off the Korean shores they throw in those lovely samples! Its very common in the comestic stores in Seoul, they give away loads of sample freebies :)

oystersauce July 7, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Oh I didn’t know Baviphat is available in Malaysia. I found out about it from FT Island but I’m really intrigued to try some of because of their cute packaging and apparently they’re quite affordable too.

kristen February 21, 2011 at 7:39 am

Hi
Found this blog post via a google search for info on baviphat. Im trying to find out if their products are tested on animals. I cant read korean so its hard to find information. I see its eco friendly, but thats all i could see. Do you know if baviphat is? Or what Korean brands are

thanks!!!

ParisB February 21, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I’m afraid I can’t read Korean either. Perhaps someone else reading this might be able to help if they come across this post

serena July 13, 2011 at 11:33 am

Hi.
Just wanted to informed that there is a Baviphat store in Johor Bahru too. It is located in KSL Shopping Mall. I went to check-out the place and was surprised to find this store in Johor Bahru. Anyway, I haven’t bought anything yet but I am not sure if the SA here is as friendly and good with giving “freebies”. Maybe I will buy something in future. I thinkt they really need to do more promotions to introduce their products to Malaysian. The Johor Bahru outlet doesn’t seems to be very active in sales. Not many visitors from what I saw each time I passed by the place.

iheartkoreanbeauty October 24, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Hi Serena thanks for sharing the info on Baviphat! I’ll def check it out when I’m in JB :) I wonder when it’ll arrive in Sg??

nana November 28, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I’ve been looking for this brand in Singapore & Malaysia. Thanks for share it to me.. I really wanna buy those things cause FT Island is the model (or brand ambassador?) of this product. Really thanks.

Karen December 15, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I wish they had asian cosmetics in the U.S. all we have here are simple packaged cosmetics, and all the cute ones are expensive.^-^ maybe someday i will be able to explore the cosmetic wonderland of Korea *sigh*

Siham March 30, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Hey, Is baviphat halal? Can you ask them for me?
I already bought their mask but still hesitate to try it…