Bursting into Colour – Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in True Red

in FOTD,Lipstick,Product Reviews

Ok so many of you thought I’d go with True Red right away but it might surprise you to know that I actually swiped True Red last out of the 3 Revlon ColorBurst lipsticks I had. Perhaps I was just saving the best for the last icon biggrin Bursting into Colour   Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in True Red

revlon cb red Bursting into Colour   Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in True Red

Like all the other ColorBurst lipsticks, the Revlon ColorBurst True Red swipes a very pigmented shade of red. What you see in the tube will end up on your lips. Might it be a shade for everyone?

My answer will be no. You must WANT to wear red lipstick to wear this colour. If you are new to red lipsticks, True Red is not the best introduction because it is so bright, you will tuck it away and be afraid of red lipsticks forever! If you have started easing into brighter lip colours, then True Red might be one to consider.

I did not detect it to be very warm nor is it very cool toned. I personally think most Asian skintones can handle this shade of red (if you like a bright red). My lip color lasted me through morning coffee, water, and I rubbed it off after lunch. I had 2 people tell me they saw my lips from a mile away – ok the exact statements were that it was “very bright” but then I’m used to that icon smile Bursting into Colour   Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in True Red So consider yourself duly warned and my swatch and look is below.

revlon cn truered Bursting into Colour   Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in True Red

So here’s how I wore True Red – by keeping my eyes defined yet less obviously outstanding and the rest of the face light. As observers noted, you can see the lips from a mile away so don’t let the other features crowd things icon razz Bursting into Colour   Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in True Red

True Red isn’t an easy colour to wear but if you are daring, it will surely stand out. Otherwise, you might just reserve this for a glamorous night out on town or for a dinner or for a candlelight tete-a-tete.

Tip: I like wearing red lipsticks with a dark or black top or dress. It always looks better – perhaps its the contrast between the black, the red and your skintone. A dark or black top or dress shows off a bright red lip better too.

And with True Red ends the trilogy of Revlon Colorburst lipsticks. Might THIS be one you’d consider? icon smile Bursting into Colour   Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in True Red

Other posts featuring the Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks

Revlon Colorburst lipsticks retail at RM39 at all Revlon counters.

rinnah
May 26, 2010 at 9:19 am

Call the fire station, cos your red lips are seriously smoking hot! :P

I’m not a true red kinda gal, so I think I’ll pass on this one and just go check out Blush and Mauve. ;)

p.s. This is off-topic I know, but how do you decide which Meteorites to use with which look – e.g. some days you wear Mythic Parfait, some days you use Nacres des Mers…

ParisB May 26, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Thanks Rinnah :D As for the Meteorites, I just go with what I feel like for the day. If its something warmer, I go with Nacre des Mers but if I want radiance, I go with Mythic Parfait. In the end, there’s barely any difference anyway :P

Jessica May 26, 2010 at 9:21 am

Wow PB! That’s red alright..me wouldn’t dare to wear..i’m a lil chicken when it comes to red.I have the soft nude one and I find it a lil drying but i love the colour..! *hugsssss my lippie*

ParisB May 26, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Haha they weren’t kidding with the name eh? :D Glad you found a colour to love!

jojoba (My Makeup Reviews) May 26, 2010 at 9:40 am

i am with jessica. too red for me and i am scared of this colour. you are very cool and light skin so it really suits you. i actually think this looks better than mauve on you (from yesterday’s post.) it makes you very professional. hot and fiery. :)

ParisB May 26, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Haha I’ll take that as a compliment and wear it to work often :D

Hanny
May 26, 2010 at 9:41 am

Wow, that’s so beautiful on you! You’re sooo lucky that you’re so fair, so you’d be able to pull off bright, true red lips… >.< I really, really want to try red lips but I'm scared to death at the prospect of getting the wrong red etc etc… T.T Whew, lucky I didn't get True Red when I got Mauve. ^.^

ParisB May 26, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Thanks! But I can’t pull of deeper reds which most tanned girls can, which is a pity! There’s a red for everyone – you just have to find it :)

Vonvon May 26, 2010 at 9:44 am

Red lippies!! You and Yani are really influencing and deepening my interest in red lips. But since I like playing up my eyes more….I tend to go for lighter lips. Reserving only red lippies for when I am doing neutral eyes, or for better or worse, too lazy to do any eye makeup!

ParisB May 26, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Actually for night events, I go smokey eye and red lips. Who gives a toss about propriety! :P

eliza May 26, 2010 at 10:19 am

comparing to revlon colorburst and dior’s rouge serum, which one last longer?
I can’t rock true red, friends say i look too fierce since i got full dark eyebrows T.T
i like blush ^^

eliza May 26, 2010 at 10:20 am

i meant the staying power >.<

ParisB May 26, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Revlon Colorburst lasts longer on the lips than Dior Rouge Serum. That’s because the Dior one is softer and more emmolient so it slips off more easily. Revlon’s however is drier and so sticks more to the skin.

Lee May 26, 2010 at 11:46 am

Bonjour Paris.
I think you carry the lipstick well because you are pretty fair (without a heavy yellow undertone)…it seems a little bit on the blue hue to me, like the Chanel Rouge Allure in 14 Passion (which I bought and wore a few times and tucked away somewhere…duh).
What is your HG red lipstick btw…? I think I found mine :)

ParisB May 26, 2010 at 3:53 pm

It is certainly more blue toned than warm, although not overwhelmingly so like the Chanel Paris lipstick. My HG red? Might still be the Dior Crimson Serum because its bright, with nice shine yet doesn’t dry out my lips. :P

monstro May 26, 2010 at 12:24 pm

What a great look! LOVE the red!

ParisB May 26, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Thanks Monstro!

lemon May 26, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Mm..I might tuck this away and wear only during CNY….;-)

ParisB May 26, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Hey, if you can wear red at CNY you can wear red at any time! ;) Try it for a formal dinner or in the evening :)

leeloo May 26, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Wowza! That color really suits you.

I’ve only worn it twice especially since I’m afraid that I’ll look too overdone with my usual eye makeup – i feel naked without some e/s, eyeliner and mascara on.

ParisB May 26, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I do the whole look too and its not overdone :) I’ve worn this with stronger eye looks too but since I don’t do the very smokey eyed look, just smokey enough to keep the eyes looking defined, it works! :D

Joy Chuah
May 26, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Lovely+gorgeous skin and lips..im lovin’ it ^^
i’ve always wanted to achieve this type of glow(ur skin)…did the glow enhancer helped??
Paris..review the dior glow enhancer plsss..hehe XD

ParisB May 26, 2010 at 4:10 pm

I think its a combination of the Meteorites and the Diorskin Nude Glow. I’m still feeling my way around the Complexion Enhancer. Will have a review up soon.

Connie
May 26, 2010 at 11:50 pm

I totally spotted your lips from afar when you wore True Red but it was a good thing because you pull off red very well.

ParisB May 27, 2010 at 8:51 am