Kiehl’s Acai Berry Organic Skincare to hit our shores!

in Natural,New on shelves,Organic,Skincare

kiehls acai2 Kiehls Acai Berry Organic Skincare to hit our shores!

You might recall that in early September 2009 I brought you news of a new organic skincare line by Kiehl’s – the Acai Berry Organic Skincare line. Well you will be happy to know that Kiehl’s Malaysia WILL bring this line in some time in January 2010! Woot! icon biggrin Kiehls Acai Berry Organic Skincare to hit our shores!

For those who are into organic and natural skincare, you will be happy to note that the Kiehl’s Acai Berry line is ECOCERT certified and the packaging is biodegradable and its paraben and silicone free so everything that can be thought of has been thought of.

The products come in brown plastic bottles and I particularly like the scent. It smells lovely and herbal. I’m told its lavender but I’d say that its lavender with a touch of herbs. Its a love it or hate it smell and I unfortunately love it icon razz Kiehls Acai Berry Organic Skincare to hit our shores!

The cleanser is a self foaming cleanser and the toner comes in a mist bottle. I’m told that the Kiehl’s Acai Damage Protecting Toning Mist and Acai Damage Repairing Serum will be the 2 bestsellers so I will be watching out for them once they get on the shelves so I can actually try them. No better way to know if it works than to try it eh? icon wink Kiehls Acai Berry Organic Skincare to hit our shores!

Heck if Uma Thurman likes the Acai Damage Repairing Serum and it keeps her looking that fab (albeit with a bit of help here and there I’m sure) I’m close to sold!

Incidentally did you know that Acai is pronounced “Ah-sah-ee”? And all this while I was calling it “Ah-Chai” icon razz Kiehls Acai Berry Organic Skincare to hit our shores! Hands up everyone else who called it “Ah Chai” too icon razz Kiehls Acai Berry Organic Skincare to hit our shores!

Some Acai Berry facts:-

• The Acai Berry is a palm tree native to the Brazilian Amazon
  • Acai Berries are very rich in antioxidants and are one of the healthiest foods on earth
  • Acai Berries are an important source of resveratrol and anthocyanins which are also found in red wine and which are said to be able to extend your life
  • Acai Berries are very high in protein but low in cholesterol

You can in fact buy Acai Berry juice from the supermarkets or organic stores. Supposed to boost your health though I haven’t tried it myself.

kiehls acai Kiehls Acai Berry Organic Skincare to hit our shores!

The products in the Acai Berry line are:-

• Acai Damage Minimizing Cleanser – RM105/150ml  (link)
  • Acai Damage Protecting Toning mist – RM120/180ml (link)
  • Acai Damage Repairing Serum – RM180/50ml (link)
  • Acai Damage Correcting Moisturizer – RM170/75ml (link)

Are you interested in this new line featuring the Superberry – Acai berry? No prizes for guessing I’m chaffing at the bit to get my itchy mitts on them! January 2010 it is!

Stay beautiful,

sesame December 10, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Oooh…did I just spot alcohol denat listed on the top of the ingredient list on the cleanser? Hmmm…big turn off if that’s the case cos I absolutely hate organic lines with alcohol, especially alcohol denat.

And heh…I never never how Acai was pronounced! :p Thanks for the information!

ParisB December 11, 2009 at 12:13 am

Hi Sesame

It was quite embarrassing to go Ah-chai when it turns out its not :P I guess I don’t pay enough attention to the presence of alcohol – will wait for your post on alcohol content in skincare then.

iu December 10, 2009 at 8:49 pm

wowww.. i cant wait to check this out!!love Kiehl’s =D

ParisB December 11, 2009 at 12:12 am

Hi iu

This one looks promising – i can’t wait too.

Jean December 11, 2009 at 12:10 am

Is it suitable for all skintype?
will wait for your review!!

ParisB December 11, 2009 at 12:11 am

Hey Jean

I only touched it but haven’t had the chance to try it – will have to wait for it to get on the shelves, then rush out and get it LOL… I’ll report if I get it and try it long enough to review!

germaine December 11, 2009 at 1:47 am

i have something random to ask… em, i’m using two different serum to cater my skin needs, so my question is can i combine the use of both in a go? both are different brands… and one of it is vichy anti imperfection serum n the other is hada labo whitening essence… i am very worry that it will have negative effect when use combined….

ParisB December 12, 2009 at 10:44 am

Hi Germaine

Much depends on whether the ingredients in the products will clash. I’m no expert but my personal belief is that if it doesn’t cause your skin to dry out or break out then you’re good. I usually don’t use 2 serums at a go although I don’t use the whole line of same brand products.

Kay Es December 11, 2009 at 10:32 am

Never in a million years would i have thought Acai is not pronounced as Ah-Chai.
Ok, another serum to add to the ever-expanding wishlist….

ParisB December 12, 2009 at 10:42 am

Hey Kay Es

I know! Who’d have thought Acai is not how we’d call it eh?

AtelierGal
December 11, 2009 at 12:09 pm

I pronounced as “Ah-Kai” lol

ParisB December 12, 2009 at 10:42 am

Hi Ateliergal

Haha… guess we’re both wrong!

yuki
December 12, 2009 at 3:32 pm

haha… you’re not the only one… All this while I’ve been calling it ‘Ah-chai’… lol… ooo… I’ve received tons of spam emails abt weight loss using acai berry pills / tea… IT claimed that Oprah also used to take it… not sure how true it is… I’ve always loved looking at Kiehls but i’ve only stepped into the one in Ion Orchard cuz the SAs were too busy looking at something else… haha…

Mayb I shud introduce this brand to my sis… heard any good reviews abt their anti-acne line?

ParisB December 13, 2009 at 1:01 pm

Hi Yuki

Not having an acne problem I can’t tell you if the anti acne line is good. All I can say is to try to get some samples and see how it performs.

beetrice December 14, 2009 at 10:56 am

LOL…*sheepishly puts hand up*…the Kiehl’s lady from Midvalley happily corrected me mid-sentence…but yup, will have to wait till January I guess… :D