Missha BB Creams – M BB Boomer, M Shiny BB Cream and M Perfect Cover BB Cream

in Foundation,Product Reviews

I first came across Korean cosmetics Missha in Singapore a couple of years ago. I bought a couple of things to try but I was underwhelmed. The next time I saw Missha was at Ikano Power Center (where Ikea is at Mutiara Damansara) – are there other stands in Malaysia? I’ve never seen. But I digress.

When I walked past the Missha counter, my eye fell on the Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream on display. I liked that it comes in 2 shades – I found the Etude House BB Cream too dark for me. But I wasn’t sure if I wanted to plonk down the cash for it, since it was something like RM80 or so. So, I asked the sales assistant for a sample to try and she very generously gave me samples of 3 different products – sneaky woman! icon razz Missha BB Creams   M BB Boomer, M Shiny BB Cream and M Perfect Cover BB Cream

missha Missha BB Creams   M BB Boomer, M Shiny BB Cream and M Perfect Cover BB Cream

The 3 products I received were the M Perfect Cover BB Cream #23, M Shiny BB Cream and M BB Boomer. As they are only tiny little sachets, this will be an overview of the products rather than an in-depth review.

MIssha M BB Boomer

The M BB Boomer as I understand it, is a makeup base. On the packet, it says that it is to be applied before the BB cream and it will help the BB cream stay on longer. The cream is rather thick and white and when applied on the skin, actually acts to even out the skin tone already. There is a slight fragrance but nothing that lingers or that is too strong. As it is a makeup base, it does a pretty good job holding on to the BB cream that goes on after, and keeping it relatively fresh the whole day long. I’ve no idea of its retail price but Missha isn’t wallet-breakingly expensive so I might be interested in getting this.

Missha M Shiny BB Cream

With a name like Shiny, you’d think its a bad marketing idea. What women want are products that DON’T make them shiny! But what the M Shiny BB cream is, is a BB cream with slight pearlescent shimmer in it.

As it comes in only 1 colour, I was quite concerned to see that the cream has a slight grey cast to it and it looked a little dark on my skin. However, once smoothened out over the BB Boomer, it actually melted right into my skin. The pearl shimmer is practically undetectable unless you look right up close. From a distance, all you see is a slight glow that evens out your skin beautifully. Very nice? Oh Oui! I like! It contains SPF27/ PA++ and I like the creamy texture which isn’t watery unlike the Etude House BB cream. Coverage is medium-light which I like. There is also a slight fragrance which doesn’t bug me. If I’m not mistaken a full size tube retails for RM85.

BUT … and yes there is a but… it faded off me by the end of the day to a sheer coverage, even over the BB Boomer base. Strange indeed. I know when foundations fade because my freckles / pigmentation show through icon razz Missha BB Creams   M BB Boomer, M Shiny BB Cream and M Perfect Cover BB Cream So for that, I don’t quite like it after all.

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream

According to the sales assistant, the M Perfect Cover BB Cream was brought into Malaysia due to overwhelming demand from customers. There are 2 shades available #21 and #23. The sample is in #23 which is all they had. I found #23 a shade too dark for me and prefer #21.

The texture again is creamy and applies well – only a little dab can take me a long way. The coverage is good if you are looking for full coverage and it goes a long way towards evening out my skin. Again, the colour of the cream on my skin had a slight grey cast but once blended, it looked fine. I’ve read many sites and reviews that say that Missha BB Creams have a pinkish cast/tone to it but it worked for me. One drawback to the M Perfect Cover BB Cream is that it oxidized on me so it effectively turned my face a shade or half darker. Boo! This was used in direct contact with my skin. Used over the BB Boomer makeup base, the oxidization was less but still there.

The M Perfect Cover BB Cream is the priciest of the lot and although it comes in a shade closer to my skin tone, I’m reluctant to buy it because of the oxidization factor. If I’m going to get one BB Cream from Missha, it will be M Shiny BB Cream.

Have you tried any Missha BB Creams? Do you like BB Creams?

Stay beautiful

prettybeautiful February 11, 2009 at 10:06 am

i have tried missha BB, both the shiny one and the perfect cover, but on my hands only. hence i could not really tell much diff if compared to other BB. since i have not heard much raves abt missha BB so i highly doubt i will get my hands on them :)

ParisB February 11, 2009 at 11:49 am

Hi prettybeautiful

I wasn’t overly impressed by them to be honest. Then again, I’m not sold on the BB Cream hype either :)

kamala August 1, 2009 at 1:16 pm

im frm malaysia at melaka ,Where can find the missha product???

ParisB August 3, 2009 at 10:55 am

Hi Kamala

I’ve only seen it at Ikano Power Centre Mutiara Damansara.

kamala August 3, 2009 at 1:14 pm

hi its so far for me .can i purchase by online? i need urgently tis product

Thanks

ParisB August 3, 2009 at 1:18 pm

I’m not sure where its available online. Sorry.

WEndy November 8, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Hi, u mean we can get this Missha bb cream in Ikano? is selling in shop pr those store?

Rin February 11, 2009 at 10:07 am

Never tried Missha products before but the BB creams seems to be worth a try… will check them out back in SG……

ParisB February 11, 2009 at 11:50 am

Hi Rin

Try to get a sample first to see if your skin will like it!

Shay February 11, 2009 at 10:59 am

I’m using the Missha M Perfect Cover BB cream. Its good. Its got good staying power for me too.

Before this, I was using the Skinfood Aloe Sun made a mess of my face by giving me lots of clogged pores.

However, I’m weaning myself from it as I don’t think its good that I’m relying on this stuff too much. From my experiences with BB creams (I’ve tried Etude House as well), besides giving me an actual glow on my real naked skin (which fades if I don’t use BB cream over the weekend), there is no sign of reduce blemishes or fading acne scars.

I have the Missha M BB Boomer as well. Since my skin is not very oily at the moment, hence my makeup stays, I don’t put on this primer. In case I overload my face with serum, moisturiser and sunscreen.

Yes, I put on sunscreen (its a makeup base as well) in addition to the SPF of the Missha Perfect Cover. Call me paranoid, but I get increasing sun spots on my nose.

ParisB February 11, 2009 at 11:51 am

Hi Shay

Glad the Missha BB creams are working for you. Like you I prefer using an additional sunscreen. Better to be safe than sorry :)

Amanda February 11, 2009 at 12:02 pm

My sister bought me Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream from Australia and I’m loving it. I’m using #23. I’ve been using it for 3 weeks now and so far, it’s been great :)

ParisB February 12, 2009 at 11:55 am

Hi Amanda

Glad you are liking it! I guess I’m just not a liquid foundation person :)

Connie February 11, 2009 at 12:47 pm

The Silver Missha BB Cream was what I’ve been using all this while and it has been serving me quite well despite it being too fair (I mix it with some darker foundation). But my favorite (and if you can get a sample of it, please do try!) is the Vita BB Cream. it’s in a gold tube. Online’s selling for about 75 or so. reason why I’m not buying it :p but the texture is great and the coloration’s great too. I have the same problem with the Perfect Cover oxidizing but the coverage is indeed very nice.

ParisB February 12, 2009 at 11:56 am

Hi Connie,

If I can get a sample of the Vita BB Cream I’ll try it. However, I suppose BB creams just aren’t for me because I can’t help being so cynical about them haha…

Nikki February 11, 2009 at 1:20 pm

What a great way to try on product! samples ! And generous sales lady! Good girl! :) Companies should learn to do that as the first time I tried my HG Shampoo & Conditioner was because the sales lady was super nice to give me samples and in turn, I love it so much I bought 5 sets already !

Thanks for sharing your feedback :)

ParisB February 12, 2009 at 11:56 am

Hi Nikki

Yep, the lady was so generous I was surprised. We don’t always get such generosity here :P

Shay February 11, 2009 at 1:48 pm

I often wonder what its like for oxidization to occur with foundations/etc on skin. That has never happened to me before.

I recently bought a tube of Missha M Perfect Cover shade #23 from Singapore’s ebay. A Singapore seller. It only cost me $22.50 with free postage (via registered mail somemore!).

ParisB February 12, 2009 at 11:57 am

Hi Shay

You are lucky not to have foundation oxidise so don’t wonder! :) Basically it turns a shade darker which isn’t flattering.

¤nOtcUte¤ February 11, 2009 at 4:02 pm

I wanna go get some samples too!!! :) I read abt the Missha BB Boomer that it’s not bad in controlling oil and leave your skin feeling silky throughout the day… I haven’t tried so I don’t really feel sure abt it… :)

Reese February 11, 2009 at 9:48 pm

I just got Legere BB cream from Taiwan and I understand they are sold here too. These few days, I was complimented on how diiferent I looked, how my skin looks more beautiful than previously. I am hooked! I don’t think I can turn back from BB creams now. Help!

ParisB February 12, 2009 at 11:57 am

Hi Reese

Uhoh… BB Creams have found another follower! ;) Glad its working for you – I always say that if something works for you, stick with it!!

¤nOtcUte¤ February 12, 2009 at 3:54 am

Hmm, I did post a link here in the afternoon but it is gone… I think there’s something wrong with my browser… Anyways, I got my Missha samples from LowYat.Net. You only need to pay RM3 postage for the free samples. I got mine today afternoon. Here’s the link :)

PB Notes: I have not tried this and will not vouch for its veracity. Proceed at your own risk.

muta February 12, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Hi Paris B, I had tried Gowoonsesang BB cream that always sold out in SASA.

I saw rave reviews for Gowoonsesang BB Cream. Made by a supposedly amazing dermatologist in Korea, Dr. G.

Sadly it left me disappointed. The color left grayish-brown shade on my yellow-ish skin. And there is a weird shine that contradict with the matte finish that it promoted. It also doesn’t hold off any oil like it said too. In less than 5 hours my face usually slick with oil and starting to itch.

The plus side is, the cream is wonderful on my sensitive skin. No red rashes that other foundations usually left on my skin. And the spf 30 pa++ really the only reason why I still using it.

I don’t think I’ll be buying another tube. But I’ve also heard rae reviews for Missha’s M perfect cover BB cream and might try it someday. :)

ParisB February 12, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Hi Muta

I’d read about that BB cream too in the papers but for some reason I was seriously sceptical. I usually am when it comes to miracle creams :) To be honest, if it were me I wouldn’t have continued using it if the colour doesn’t suit my skin tone and if it makes me itch. If you have problems with foundations, have you tried mineral foundations and do they work for you?

¤nOtcUte¤ February 12, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Hi Muta,

I tried Dr.G at Sasa too but the color is a bit too pinkish for me and after 30 mins my whole face becomes oily… I didn’t like that the girls was so pushy into me buying the whole tube. I just told them I wanted to try out first. I’m a yellow toned too…

ParisB February 12, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Hi notcute

Ooh I dislike it too when girls are too pushy. I usually end up not buying anything.

Ann February 12, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Interesting… they oxidize into a darker shade? I’d read about rave reviews of BB creams all over the place and they said celebrities in Korea are particularly loving them, but… I dunno. I see a lot more people giving them neutral/slightly negative reviews on them too. Thanks for your review – I’m more of a Everyday Minerals gal! Their foundations are divine. :)

ParisB February 12, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Hi Ann

Yep, it oxidised to a darker shade which is a bummer. BB Creams are very popular in Korea but I haven’t been sold on the hype. I tried Everyday Minerals a while ago but it broke me out. :( Glad its working for you.

Shay February 12, 2009 at 11:14 pm

I want to try tinited moisturizers. Do you have any recommendations?

¤nOtcUte¤ February 13, 2009 at 2:46 am

Hi Muta,

Yeah I totally agree with ParisB. I just started trying Missha BB Cream today, after a while or so I started to itch too… but Missha BB Cream works for some ppl. Oh abt the Missha BB Cream I got from LowYat.Net, the seller does do COD. She lives in Kepong. If I’m not mistaken ParisB lives somewhere near? She gave me 4 types of BB Cream samples, 1 BB Boomer and 1 Sun Balm which is a cream type.

¤nOtcUte¤ February 13, 2009 at 2:50 am

Hi ParisB,

I haven’t been to SaSa lately coz of the SA’s who are so pushy and all they want is sales… Especially the one in MidValley and a few SA’s in Sunway Pyramid. I just went there to check abd try out the DR.G BB Cream but it’s just so oily and creamy. I don’t understand how can it control the excess sebum… hm….

Synaesthesia February 13, 2009 at 4:50 pm

After reading a lot of raves about BB Cream, I always wanted to look for a high SPF BB Cream, which can do some miracles for my dark circles, freckles n of coz, the pores too. Came across with the Etude, SkinFood and Missha. Unfortunately, it seems to be only MIssha come out with SPF 42 PA+++ BB Cream. I was overwhelmed when I 1st saw it at Ikano Power. I always passed by that street but never noticed the counter there. =P Without hesitation, bought shade in #21. It really disappointed me or maybe my expectation for the BB Cream is too high. Although it doesn’t irritate my skin but other than high SPF, It doesn’t do anything much for me. It doesn’t give me the glow, hide the flaws on my skin, not mention the extremely dark circles under my eyes. I still prefer Guerlain Tinted Sunscreen in SPF40 PA+++ (mind you, Guerlain is not a BB Cream), which the SA told me already discontinued. How sad… Guerlain not only gives me the glow i always wanted, not oily, conceal moderate dark circles n easily blend.

ParisB February 13, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Hi Synaesthesia

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Missha BB Creams. I’d personally say that BB creams aren’t really for everyone. I myself haven’t found one I liked!

caterina January 31, 2013 at 9:59 pm

hi Synaesthesia, may i know where you saw the counter that selling Missha BB cream perfect cover SPF 42+++
can u tell me which floor and near which shop u saw the counter because i went to ikea last time but i never see it.

Tine February 13, 2009 at 5:36 pm

I have the Perfect Cover, and for some reason, I find it a tad rich. Might be more suited for dry skin. I’ll give my hardly used tube to Mum :)

Synaesthesia February 13, 2009 at 6:11 pm

Paris,

yeah, i’m absolutely agreed with you. I don’t think I’ll repurchase any BB Cream once I’d used up Missha.

Fiona March 25, 2009 at 1:01 am

I get the samples from my friend, she went to 1utama’s Missha and bought the Boomer and Shiny.

I asked for samples, but she said you have to buy something from the store before you can get samples but my friend wanna try out BB cream. So she bought and we got the samples.

I haven’t tried the samples yet, but i tried SKIN79′s BB Cream. Not bad tho. :)

BaoFeng March 3, 2010 at 12:20 am

Hi Fiona,
Can u tell me that where can i buy SKIN79′s BB cream?Ths

miith April 5, 2009 at 12:01 am

hey ya Paris, I’m glad to read your reviews about bb creams.
You’re not convinced but you tried it out anyways!! ~giving your love to BB cream lovers out there.
So far I only tried 2, Skin79′s Dermax Beblesh and BRTC’s Perfect Recover. Skin79′s is quite okay for me, but I found what works in BRTC. The oil control is the best! My skin improved a lot. It’s quite expensive though, I bought it for RM90 from Lowyat; but it was worth it every penny.
I never tried Missha products before but I’m loving their prices!!

ParisB April 6, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Hi Miith

Thanks – BB Creams don’t do it for me, but I know many girls love it :) Missha prices are really very low but I find them a bit hit or miss. Thanks for coming by!

tongze April 5, 2009 at 9:59 pm

hi,i think MISSHA’s BB cream is very good, so i just want to ask about the price of MISSHA in Singapore. Like how much money of #23 BB cream???

lynn June 1, 2009 at 6:42 pm

hey do u know where i can get LEgere BB cream in Msia?

Anii June 23, 2009 at 3:43 pm

I wanted to try BB cream for my uneven,redness,
I bought Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream #21 on ebay, its better than I guessed. A trusted seller – http://stores.ebay.com/rubyrubyshop
from south korea to australia was cheep, and it was about $20 aus only.

PB Notes: The link is not endorsed by me as I have not tried it.

maria August 7, 2009 at 4:37 pm

hi …im using missha bb cream silver tube………bfore this i used skin79 hot pink…just want to try missha ….i hope i will like it…..