Tips for Bridal Makeup for the Evening

in Clothes,Tips

My sister recently had her wedding reception where yours truly was the bridesmaid and general dogsbody icon razz Tips for Bridal Makeup for the Evening One of the most fun things I took part in was watching her transformation for the evening dinner reception. Her makeup was done by the wonderfully talented Zamri Zainol, Lancome’s Top National Makeup Artist who usually does magazine covergirls, models and actresses. I wonder if this is the first non-celebrity wedding makeup he has done! icon wink Tips for Bridal Makeup for the Evening I want him for my wedding tooooooo!!!

makeup Tips for Bridal Makeup for the Evening

Anyway, while he was making her up with a veritable portable Lancome counter, I sat and drooled and picked up some tips for evening makeup or evening makeup for brides. Here are 7 tips he shared that I will in turn share with you:-

1. For more defined brows, pat in concealer to conceal your brows (if your brows are light and sparse) then, use a brow pencil or brow powder and brush to draw in a natural brow line. It gives a more defined look and you’ll need a defined look for photographs.
  2. For an evening reception you want to look as glamorous as you feel so concentrate your makeup on the eyes with dark shimmery eyeshadow and lots of liner and mascara to emphasize your eyes.
  3. Highlight your eye area and decolletage with fine shimmer. Under warm incandescent lighting, it will catch the light and you will look amazing.
  4. Use natural soft false eyelashes to enhance your eyes. Try to go with soft false eyelashes because they look more natural and in photos they will really enhance your eyes. Save the fancy falsies for fun times.
  5. When using false eyelashes, place them slightly above your lash line instead of directly on the lash line. This goes totally against what I’ve been told previously, but he says that this actually gives you a more natural look. Well, my sis looked like she had natural lashes a mile long so I’d take his cue.
  6. Use lip liner to define your lips and fill in colour. Lipgloss adds a glossy dewy look to the lips. You will be smiling a lot and taking a lot of photos so the lips are important! Also, lipstick while gorgeous in person can make your lips look heavy in pictures.
  7. To help your cheekbones pop in photos, you can contour your cheeks by shading in a darker powder or blush under your cheekbones and a lighter brighter blush on the apples of the cheeks. This however, is something that takes a LOT of practice because he spent a lot of time on it and the end result was amazing! My sister had cheekbones! icon biggrin Tips for Bridal Makeup for the Evening

These tips actually are applicable even if you aren’t doing bridal makeup but if you want a glamourous evening look. I picked up a lot watching the master sifu at work, and I will have to try to put it into practice. Zamri had previously shared some tips on how to look beautiful on your wedding day and some thoughts on makeup at Wedding Planning Tips.

gown Tips for Bridal Makeup for the Evening

As for myself, I did my own makeup. After my previous request for tips for bridesmaid makeup, I realised that my dress was actually blue and not lilac as I originally thought. Anyway, I went along with the dark smokey-ish eye look but I did not do a nude lip because I am averse to nude lips. I went instead for a light glossy pink lip that I thought went well with the overall look.

I also camwhored a little and found myself doing the Karen Cheng pose. LOL… You can’t see my makeup in here but I wanted to show off my dress really hehe…

I really loved my dress even though I spent the whole night picking up the little train and having it stepped on. I was so terrified the chiffon would tear but I still loved it anyway because I felt like a Grecian princess icon smile Tips for Bridal Makeup for the Evening

Not to worry, the bride wore a gorgeous bright red dress that totally eclipsed everyone else in the room so I was no competition. Whew! icon wink Tips for Bridal Makeup for the Evening A couple of blogger pals can vouch for this!

However, I think I took photo taking a little too seriously eh? LOL…

Dress by Melvin Lam, hair by Thomas of de Headline hair salon, necklace by Anne Dundas and makeup by Paris B.

Overall effect, priceless! icon biggrin Tips for Bridal Makeup for the Evening

p/s Updates will be sporadic this week as I am uber busy with the proper wedding ceremonies and family dinners back in the hometown where internet connection is also likely to be sporadic icon razz Tips for Bridal Makeup for the Evening Not to worry, I’ll still be logging in time to time and I will be watching out for all your entries in the My Women Stuff Christmas Giveaway so keep those entries rolling in!

Enjoy your week!

~ Paris B ~

jojoba December 2, 2008 at 10:34 am

i am about to dash out again (after my swimming). but i want to say that is one beautiful dress you had. and OH SO LOW CUT! eye candy for sure! :P And your sister looks a lot like you! (of course! smacking my head!)

and I bet you will be a princess again in the other reception! you are a celebrity yourself. why praise the other guy???!!! remember you were featured in the mags (not one) recently????!!!

bye and i am heading out for a fun day with my son. :)

Connie December 2, 2008 at 10:36 am

Great tips! I’ll definitely look into the falsies trick! Zamri is a very fun person. I see him quite often last time when I was working.

blue December 2, 2008 at 10:44 am

aww congrats on your sister’s wedding! do share if you have a final pic of your sister’s makeup (if she doesn’t mind :))

ParisB December 2, 2008 at 11:10 am

@jojoba : LOL… Thanks. Lucky for me, I’m not that well endowed so I wasn’t spilling out of the dress. hehe… Have a fun day!

@Connie: Yep, he’s a wealth of information! Do let us know how that falsies trick works for you.

@blue: Unfortunately she’d rather not show the final result but believe me, it was quite amazing :)

ming siew December 2, 2008 at 11:32 am

heys i love love love ur blue dress!where did u get it and how much?was thinking of getting something similar for a wedding dinner!

ParisB December 2, 2008 at 11:47 am

@ming siew : Its by local designer Melvin Lam and cost me an arm and a leg :P

beetrice December 2, 2008 at 11:50 am

err…you sure you want me to vouch for the lack of competition ah? ;) you both look alike after all!

but the bride’s dress(es) were lovely – no doubt about that…and that pendant of yours definitely called attention to ‘you-know-where’…heehee!! :D

Nikki December 2, 2008 at 1:13 pm

oh my!! your dress is GORGEOUS!!! I want to see a close up view of your make-up, if you have any! :) I’m sure your sister is happy and stunning

prettybeautiful December 2, 2008 at 1:55 pm

wow! your dress is so so so stunning! i wonder how much is costing an arm and a leg. any pics of your sis? ;)

ParisB December 2, 2008 at 2:01 pm

@beetrice : haha yeah but like I said, I’m not exactly overflowing so not too bad lah hor? ;)

@Nikki: thank you! I don’t think I have a closeup anywhere. Was too busy running around to take photos – boo!

@prettybeautiful: It certainly felt like I was chopping off an arm and a leg! LOL… 4 digits none of them pretty :P

Tine December 2, 2008 at 2:09 pm

The dress is just beautiful, and with a train too. A Grecian princess all right :D

ParisB December 2, 2008 at 5:28 pm

@Tine : Thank you !

Ms. Blacklace December 2, 2008 at 5:56 pm

Oh… Nice dress. I bet the chiffon felt great. Lol….

rinnah December 2, 2008 at 6:53 pm

The dress, stunning.
The make-up, perfect.
The person, gorgeous.

That sums it all up. :D

Natalie December 2, 2008 at 8:29 pm

You look gorgeous! Aww..:-) will definitely be the limelight!:) Have a nice week!

Rikairi December 3, 2008 at 12:31 am

Aww… you look so pretty and elegant, and the dress is beautiful!!! I love the colour… I bet a lot of heads turned in your direction.. lol

I was a bridesmaid before too and i understand all the hectic-ness. I remember i only left the place at around 3.00am that night. lol.. But it’s fun nonetheless. =)

Ms. Blacklace December 3, 2008 at 2:47 am

I see your roo-tote in the corner!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

ParisB December 3, 2008 at 12:36 pm

@Ms. Blacklace : It certainly did!

@rinnah: you are too sweet :) Thank you

@Natalie: Thank you!

ParisB December 3, 2008 at 12:44 pm

@Rikairi : The heads turned more because they thought I was my sister – we look too similar LOL… The craziness is beginning again soon!

@Ms. Blacklace: Roototes are popping up everywhere! ;)

sesame December 3, 2008 at 12:59 pm

That’s a lovely dress! You’re very fair and that color complements you very well. And great figure too! (whistles*

And I noticed the Rootote too! Hahah…especially since we have the same one. ;)

monstro December 3, 2008 at 1:54 pm

I’m totally behind reading your entries!
LOVE your dress, you DO look like a grecian goddess!!
Also, great makeup tips from Zamri-your sis looks fab!

Devi Girsang December 3, 2008 at 10:26 pm

Great tips, and I really love the blue dress! :)

Vonvon December 7, 2008 at 8:22 pm

The dress is really lovely. and you look great in them.
I’m a sucker for Grecian-style dresses ever since my honeymoon in Greece. so anything Grecian, I’m crazy for it!!!