Let’s find some Nars Orgasm Dupes!

in Blush,Discussions

I haven’t had official word of NARS coming to Malaysia yet, so we are still waiting. The most popular blush colour form NARS has to be Orgasm. It is truly a cult classic. Many people I know love it but I also know of many who don’t like it because they find it too shimmery or too pink.

NARS Orgasm is in fact a shimmery pink-peach shade. I say pink-peach because I think it applies on me looking more pink than peach. The peach tones are just enough to temper it so it doesn’t look too pink going on. The shade is rather medium-light so if you have fair-medium skin, I’d say it’ll show up. However, if you are tanned or have darker skintone, all you might get is shimmer. That said, I have never noticed Orgasm going on highly shimmery. For me, its just nice so I suppose its to do with your own level of comfort.

If you are on a budget or have no access to NARS Orgasm, which brand or blush colour is a NARS Orgasm dupe or lookalike? Here are a few I have compiled from my own collection.

Anti-clockwise from bottom left:-

Nars Orgasm, Majolica Majorca RD255 , L’oreal Front Page Peach Blush Delice, Shu Uemura P Red 13, Guerlain Abricot Souffle D’or, Cargo The Big Easy, Milani Luminous

Unfortunately, many of those brands I found dupes in are also unavailable in Malaysia. The only 2 I know that are easily available are Guerlain Abricot Souffle D’or and Shu Uemura P Red 13. I’m not even sure if Shu Uemura P Red 13 is part of the regular line of glow on blushes. Mine came in a pre-made palette which was a limited edition item a couple of years back.

Anyway, to aid you along, I took some swatches of Nars Orgasm and its dupes on my arm in natural sunlight:-

You can see that some colours are closer to Orgasm while some aren’t. However, they are all close enough in shade and tone.

Out of all, I find that L’oreal Front Page Peach is slightly too pink to qualify and the Shu Uemura P Red 13 is more matte than the rest. Guerlain Abricot Souffle D’or is a little too peach. Bear in mind though that this is a side by side test. On your cheeks, no one can tell you aren’t wearing Nars Orgasm! :)

I hope this helps anyone who’s looking for a Nars Orgasm dupe! Happy experimenting!

Nikki May 14, 2008 at 8:46 am

thanks for this!!!! hmmm..based on your swatch, I would say…on picture, Cargo big easy is the closest, i based on the shimmer and the color itself…hmm..thanks for this, I am too cheap to buy on NARS orgasm, I may try the dupes…are all the dupes color payoff the same to NARS orgasm? Which do you think is your best bet?

The Fashionable Housewife May 14, 2008 at 11:28 am

This is great! Thanks for posting this great info!

ParisB May 14, 2008 at 11:38 am

Nikki: You’re welcome! The cloest bets are probably Cargo Big Easy, Milani Luminous and Majolica Majorca RD255.

Fashionable Housewife: Thanks for coming by and I’m glad you enjoyed the post.

Monstro May 14, 2008 at 12:46 pm

Funny how it looks pink on in the case, but peach on your arm! Love your collection…sigh…I dream of blushes.
That giant Cargo tin is calling out to me…

rinnah
May 14, 2008 at 2:55 pm

You know what? You’re turning me into a blush addict. LOL. 😀

S-Kay May 14, 2008 at 4:49 pm

Hahahhaha. Rinnah, you’re the not the first to be turned into a blush addict by ParisB =P

ParisB May 14, 2008 at 4:50 pm

Monstro: Yes it actually goes on me peachy. Cargo is nice but its too bad we don’t get it here.

Rinnah: Come come! We can set up Blush Addicts Anonymous 😉

S-kay: Blush lovers love company! 😉

the Muse May 14, 2008 at 10:33 pm

fantastic dupe selection!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jooj May 15, 2008 at 1:58 am

Had the good fortune to have tried on the Orgasm my mom bought in the States (… somehow that just sounds a bit wrong, hahah) I’ve got a couple of suggestions to add to the list: how about MAC Peachykeen? Pretty close but maybe a tiny bit reddish and more intense color. Second suggestion: Silkygirl Dune Rose… yeah no kidding, but it had silver shimmers and not gold. Maybe you could check it out and tell us how they compare, esp the Silkygirl since it’s uber-cheap :)

Ms. Blacklace May 15, 2008 at 4:32 am

Yay! hurray for the Shu uemera blush!!!

Gosh… is there anyway to make my skin not itch from shimmer? Even if I don’t scratch it, the area that has shimmer on it gets hive-vy. The more shimmer, the more hives. Less shimmer, and I get a little bit of hives here and there.

When I have the money I think I’ll turn into a Matte blush addict. HAHAh!

ParisB May 15, 2008 at 4:33 am

The muse: Thank you!

Jooj: I don’t do MAC blushes in general – nothing has really worked for me but your suggestion will help many I’m sure! I used to have Dune Rose but I gave it away a long while back. Sigh… Maybe I’ll swatch it at the pharmacy and compare. :) Thanks for the tip!

Ms. Blacklace: From what I know, if your skin itches from the shimmer you might be allergic to mica (which is the usual ingredient in shimmer products). If your skin’s sensitive, it might be best not to aggravate it and stick to matte. Matte blushes are lovely too! I’ll write about them some day.

jojoba May 15, 2008 at 5:13 am

you know that i hate NARS blushes but I can tell you that MUFE 153 is one to try. i love that. and did you try that MUFE Sculping Blush 10 to see if it’s close? there are way too many dupes for NARS Orgasm, which I have nothing good to say about. it’s actually a very common shade. don’t you think?

(ps: thanks for clearing up the TNS store. but i won’t be revisiting it.)

Kahani May 15, 2008 at 7:57 am

Just dropped by to say thank you so much for adding us to your blogroll. I have only just discovered it and returned the favour. You have an amazing site here, and I’m so glad the Malaysian beauty community is going strong.

Also allow me to throw in my pleading voice with other Malaysians (even if I no longer reside there) NARS please come to Malaysia!! Oh heck, SEPHORA come to MALAYSIA!

ParisB May 15, 2008 at 10:53 am

Jojoba: Yes, the MUFE blush review is coming up! I love it! I agree that Orgasm isn’t a “unique” colour per se. I reckon the hype is in the name, not so much the colour!

Kahani: Thank you for dropping by! I was happy to discover your site too. Rumours are that Nars is coming in middle of the year but I guess we’ll have to wait for a long long time more for a Sephora!

Jooj May 15, 2008 at 3:18 pm

PB: yeah i know you hate MAC hehe but i love their eyeshadows. i usually do my research on MUA and then go to the counter to check stuff out. that way i minimize my dependence on the SA’s to help me out. what annoys me is that there is a lot of stuff they don’t import into Malaysia. Some permanent items were only brought in as limited edition, some colors are never imported, brushes and empty palettes are out of stock for months and they have no idea when the new stock is coming… really very annoying but heh, what to do…

let’s start a petition to beg sephora to come to malaysia!! they’ve got one on china now! even if in singapore it’s better than nothing… :(

geekchic May 15, 2008 at 8:18 pm

I’m still trying to see the big hype of Orgasm :S I had it swiped on me numerous of times but it came on ORANGE on me. Like someone had taken an orange chalk and swiped it on my skin. Wrong time of the month, could be anything. I’ll give it another go this weekend. ><

Syen May 15, 2008 at 10:19 pm

Hello!

Just wanted to say I love your post on Orgasm dupes! Fantastic swatches too. But I was just wondering, how did you manage to get your hands on Cargo, Nars and Majolica Majorca?

I’m also so glad to find other Malaysian beauty bloggers! You’ve got a great blog going here. =)

Great news that NARS is coming here! And as for Sephora, perhaps we can all band together and write a petition? =P

ParisB May 15, 2008 at 10:20 pm

Jooj: I reckon Sephora might not do as well here as in other countries. People might figure they’d rather go to Sasa than Sephora!

Geekchic: Orgasm is one of those colours that either work for you or don’t. I’m sure many other colours suit you if Orgasm doesn’t! :)

Syen: Thanks for coming by! I got the Nars, Cargo and Majolica Majorca through friends and buying online. I sometimes take my chances on ebay too.

Tine
May 16, 2008 at 8:29 am

I tried out the Orgasm at Mecca, it didn’t suit me. Not contented, but still too cheap to buy the Orgasm, I bought the dupe by Silk Naturals. It still didn’t suit me, so now it’s just left in my blush container, unused. All in all, I should just forget about the Orgasm. I see the hype, but just not on my face :(

Still, this is a great post, for Orgasm lovers (tee hee hee! :p) who cannot get their hands on it in M’sia.

Oh, and Rinnah and S-Kay, you girls aren’t the only one turned into blush addicts by Paris. Me too 😉

KS May 16, 2008 at 11:15 am

I’ve never seen how NARS orgasm looks like and have always wondered about it. Thank you for this post and for breaking the mystery!!!!

Because I realised that it looks very very similar to Majolica Majorca RD255 which I already have!! So now, all the mystique around NARS Orgasm is gone for me and I can just use RD 255!!!

shopdiary May 17, 2008 at 11:54 am

i use nars orgasm powder blush everyday. it’s my favorite! don’t ever try the stick/cream version though. it’s not as effective.

ParisB May 17, 2008 at 10:34 pm

Tine: As I told Geekchic its one of those colours that work or don’t. I don’t believe in giving into the hype – been there and done that you see. For me, Orgasm works though 😉 And I’m glad I now have more blush addicts to keep me company!

KS: I’m glad to be of help! Orgasm is quite a common colour – its just the name that’s uncommon!

Shopdiary: Thanks for the tip and thanks for coming by!

Melissa May 18, 2008 at 12:04 am

The new Revlon A Floral Affair power blush in Hushed Blush is pretty close, if you’re looking for a more affordable alternative. i was noticing the similarity earlier this week.

Jooj May 18, 2008 at 1:33 am

sasa is soooo not even in the same league as sephora… :( if MAC/BB/Shu freestanding stores can have crowds of people walking in and getting lots of sales i don’t see why sephora couldn’t. after all, price is clearly not an issue for a lot of people. on the other hand, The Makeup Store seems to be quite deserted most of the time even though the products seem pretty good and not too expensive. maybe it’s a marketing thing, eh?

reeka May 26, 2008 at 6:50 pm

Thanks for the review, PB.
I found that Milani Luminious is a real DUPE for orgasm. On my skin (chanel#20,GA LSF#4), they look so identical. It’s hard to say since I have both…but I prefer the reflection of Luminious. It has more gold shimmer & IMO more finely milled.

I heart Cargo also..so let’s pray that Sephora will come in town…hahahahah. I’m grateful enough if Singapore has it. LOL.

Btw..Milani has come to Sing. I saw it in John Little a couple weeks ago. HTH

Citrine June 24, 2008 at 6:20 am

That majo blusher looks cute enough…while I was never truly interest the so-called legendary orgasm…I might as well add a golden pink in my stash…

Thanks for the swatch! ( I am a newbie who just started to collect blusher!)

Citrine

Kallie July 3, 2008 at 3:28 pm

Hi :)

I came across this website on accident :) I was looking for reviews on my new shu uemura 20 b Goat brush that I got for SOOO cheap! 14.00 U.S dollars! They were having a great GREAT sale at our local outlet mall, and I just died, really.

Anyway, I love NARS Orgasm blush :) Check Out Deep Throat if you ladies want a pinkier rosier-kind of flush :)

Paige E August 8, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Do we have Majolica Majorca in malaysia? Hadn’t heard of it…Mind telling the difference in the prices?

ParisB August 8, 2008 at 2:18 pm

Paige E: I’m afraid we don’t get Majolica Majorca here in Malaysia (not that I know of at this time). Mine was purchased from Japan by a friend.

dustbunny November 6, 2008 at 7:59 pm

hi i just want to share that a more affordable alternative for the nars orgasm blush is the loreal blush delice in pink grapefruit. It’s basically identical! only difference is that the nars one has gold shimmer and the loreal one has silver. it really has the same color! i own both, and once i’ve realized this I felt I was ripped off! hahaha! It’s just $9 at most! even the sales assistant in nars thought it was nars orgasm! check it out now promise its like identical blush! if you want a swatch just place a comment anywhere in my blog and request for the swatch of the two!

dustbunny November 6, 2008 at 8:01 pm

you can purchase the majolica in sasa.com it ships internationally, but i recommend the loreal blush i said earlier more than the majolica one since the loreal is more identical

dustbunny November 10, 2008 at 11:40 am

I’ve posted the dupe in my blog do check it out! i’ve even swatched it!

fionx November 24, 2008 at 2:02 am

hey! i wonder you can try out “dupes” for Nars Deep Throat and Torrid?
I wanna see the if there are any similar brands ..

ParisB November 24, 2008 at 10:20 am

@fionx : I’ll try to see – they are very similar to Orgasm actually.

sisley803 March 4, 2009 at 11:18 pm

great comparison swatches. this is really helpful for me whose afraid that NARS Orgasm doesn’t fit my skin tone and don’t want to spend so much to try it out.

Divadebbi December 1, 2009 at 9:07 pm

This is fabulous!!! Love your arm swatch. Just answered the exact question I privately posed to a group of our TotalBeauty Bloggers.
Thanks for the link..loved this post. Of course I am running out for the Milani pronto!!!

Best,
DivaDebbi

Jisel December 17, 2009 at 11:37 am

you are awesome…this is so helpful

khymm December 18, 2009 at 3:14 pm

very informative post! the swatches really helped.. I have Orgasm and Front page peach, you’re right FFP is a bit pinkish but I love it more than Orgasm hehe.. Can i repost your pic on my site with your link on it?

Jen December 23, 2009 at 9:29 am

Hey! I found another dupe that is exactly the same as Orgasm- Mary Kay Shy Blush! I love it!

khymm February 2, 2010 at 1:23 pm

hi, hope you dont mind i’ll repost this in my blog…

ParisB February 2, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Hi I don’t mind you linking back but please don’t copy the whole post :) Thank you for asking.