Truly Custom Palettes from Bobbi Brown

in New on shelves

Previously, when Bobbi Brown first launched her Metallics eyeshadows, the sets were marketed as “custom palettes“. However, one could not change or mix and match the eyeshadow colours in the palette. All you could do is to choose which palette to purchase in your set.

Now, you can truly create custom palettes from Bobbi Brown.

Bobbi Brown has come up with a whole new set of eyeshadows and blushes in square pans. The eyeshadow and blush textures come in matte and shimmer and the shades are all labeled new. The colours all look muted and neutral, just like the regular line of Bobbi Brown eyeshadows.

The palettes are sold separately and come in 2 forms – square palette that fits 4 and long rectangular palettes that fit 3.

Based on the description on the website, which place the blushes in flip top packaging with “pop out” pans, I reckon they are designed like Make Up For Ever eyeshadows and blush, where there is a hole in the back of the packaging to make it easy to depot. The site doesn’t say if the palette is magnetic. I think its better if it is – its easier to move pans and colours around and less messy than glue.

Bobbi Brown had palettes before this, but their palettes held the whole eyeshadow or blush including its case. That made for a very bulky palette. To be honest, I don’t know what has taken them so long to come up with this concept.

Clearly, consumers like to customize their own palettes – MAC, Stila, Make Up For Ever, all have eyeshadow and blush pans and palettes from way before. Bobbi Brown sure has taken a long time to catch up.

I’d like to check these out when they get here. I don’t expect the colours and textures to be any different from the present collection, but having square pans is a bit of a novelty in Western makeup. Most western brands come in round pans and most Asian brands come in square or angular pans. I’m not sure why it works that way but it does. I’ll post details if I get any.

Stay beautiful,

620fca352b8b66c4a124b71f96c44c0c Truly Custom Palettes from Bobbi Brown

Monstro April 29, 2008 at 12:32 am

This looks cool, I like the idea of square pans–they look like little chiclet-y coloured tiles. And if you think about it, you get to maximize the space within each compact if it’s square right? (Kiasu) LOL!

cass April 29, 2008 at 4:28 am

damn ur fast!!

not really a fan of bb eyeshadow… in my mind they still have all this boring colour….. but i should really try to use them to create natural looks, ya.

ParisB April 29, 2008 at 3:11 pm

Monstro: Surely square pans look neater right? But less like chocolate hehe…

Cass: Fast? I’m not really a fan of BB too but they do have some more work friendly colours :)

jojoba April 29, 2008 at 5:16 pm

i read the ad on these in the e-mail and saw a really nice picture on MUA. I would like to try these out myself. they look far better than the old round style. thanks for a great post.

sesame April 29, 2008 at 6:57 pm

This looks interesting. I’ve never used Bobbi Brown but my best friend loves it. Maybe I should try it.

ParisB April 29, 2008 at 8:34 pm

jojoba: You’re welcome! These look so much nicer than the rounds ones right? So much more orderly too hehe

sesame: I don’t really like BB because I prefer shadows with shimmer but maybe I’ll check out the shimmer ones later

Jooj April 30, 2008 at 9:28 pm

BB does have some kinda boring colors but good if you’re looking for the “perfect brown” or “perfect gray” or “perfect taupe” etc… i look bad in reddish browns and look better in grayish browns. BB gives me lots of options, which i appreciate. BTW her eyeshadows last a Really Long Time without fading on my lids. Boring colors notwithstanding, they’re very good quality and a very generous size. Her shimmer wash e/s are very smooth and silky, you should try it.