Stila Summer 2008 – Kitten Eyeshadow Palette

in Eyeshadow,New on shelves

I haven’t written much about Stila cosmetics here, but I’m actually a fan of Stila eyeshadows. I don’t have all that many, but I love what I have and some day I’ll get around to reviewing them! icon razz Stila Summer 2008   Kitten Eyeshadow Palette

I used to like Stila eyeshadow palettes that came in a long slim case with 6 colours, rather like the one you see in my Nude Eyeshadows picture. Stila hasn’t come out with these for a few years now, focusing on round palettes instead with 3 or 4 colours only.

I’m happy to note that the Stila Summer 2008 collection features my favourite form of Stila eyeshadow palette with some really pretty looking colours!

stilakitten Stila Summer 2008   Kitten Eyeshadow Palette

According to the Stila website, the Kitten eyeshadow palette features the following colours (from right to left of the picture):-

ray (a shimmering golden copper) – a perfect shadow to accent a healthy summer glow
mystic (a shimmering aqua blue) – a bold shade for summer soirees
kitten (shimmering nude pink) – a stila top-seller that works wonders as a base or a fresh highlight
wheat (pearlescent beige) – a perfect base for a bronzed eye
prize (soft gold shimmer) – can be paired with any shade in the palette; adds that golden sheen
sun (shimmering golden peach) – a sunny sparkle for day or night

I love Kitten although many find it too frosty or shimmery. I’d love to check this palette out once it gets to Malaysia. I’ll update when I do see it.
They used to retail for RM125 but I’m expecting it to cost something like RM135 or RM140 now? This Kitten palette is US$40 on Stila Cosmetics website if you are in the USA.

rinnah April 14, 2008 at 4:49 pm

Nice! I’m quite keen to try out Kitten since you’ve talked about how gorgeous it can be…

Monstro April 14, 2008 at 6:40 pm

I’m eyeing kitten as well–nevermind that I have 2 other stila palettes that have nude colours. :-D This does look pretty, and I am a huge fan of stila shadows too–they are my favourite so far!

ParisB April 14, 2008 at 6:45 pm

rinnah: Do try Kitten. I think you will like it!

monstro: You and me both! I’ll get round to talking about Stila some day

reeka April 14, 2008 at 7:07 pm

I really want Stila does work on me….unfortunately, it has too shimmer for me. But i do like the quality of the shadow. & love the packaging so much…;)

one of my palette collection was swapped by Monstro. **Hiii dear…..it’s me hihihihi**

ParisB April 15, 2008 at 7:37 am

Reeka: Yes they do tend towards the shimmery but thats what I like! Sorry they don’t work for you.

Nikki April 15, 2008 at 8:52 am

Hmm..we never have stila here in Manila, I just order online, I love their Smudgepots, been looking out for their shadows, but I kinda have a feeling its too shimmer…thanks for the post :) Really helpful

FA April 15, 2008 at 9:56 am

arghhhhhhh you are evil!!! this post just renewed my interest in stila. :(((( $$$$$$

ParisB April 15, 2008 at 11:41 am

Nikki: Does Stila ship to the Phillipines? Thats awesome cos their online prices are so much lower!

FA: *puts on devil horns* Wait till it comes out and check it out in person before you decide!

Nikki April 15, 2008 at 11:45 am

Hey Paris B, the website itself doesn’t ship internationally, I order it via Strawberrynet :( so not all the good collection will be available

Tammy June 15, 2008 at 7:02 pm

sad to say..stila’s fuel price must have hit the ceiling, the summer eye shadow palette is rm190….. a big jump from the usual eyeshadow palette price..

so sad..time to shop for vintage at strawberrynet..instead.. T_T